Namma Patti Kai Vaithiyam
Home Remedies are the best remedies to cure natural causes without any side effects. My grandmother thought me these home remedies are best to cure the natural causes in our regular life. Even today also, I used to cure the following causes: Acidity, Acne,Body Pains, Back Pain, Cold, Ears hearing, Eyes vision, Hair Loss, Headache, Toothache, Weight loss, Wounds etc.I have tried to collect a very small portion of some of the NATURAL HOME REMEDIES FOR COMMON AILMENTS from my past experience and other resources to share with others. Your experience and knowledge is always welcome to be shared with others. Your feedback will be highly appreciated.
For Cold & congested nose
1. Boil sukku powder(Dry ginger powder) or eucalyptus leaves in one litre of water & inhale the steam. Make sure to cover youself with a blanket.(like Vethu pidikarathu or aavi pidikarathu)
2. Have a mixture of lemon juice and honey when you are suffering from cold.
3. For nagging cough and chest congestion, boil 3 cups of water with 2 fresh betel leaves and 4 crushed peppercorns, till the water is reduced to half. Strain and drink every morning and night with a teaspoon of honey
Grind small onions and apply on the fore head and have good sleep to get relieved from head ache.
Ingredient:turmeric power,saffron and dried ginger powder
Mix turmeric power (2tsp), a few saffron strands and dried ginger powder (1/4tsp) with water. Heat in a ladle till the mixture is lukewarm. Apply the paste to the forehead. Repeat if necessary.
Ingredient:cumin and sugar
Chew some cumin and sugar for relief from stomach pain.
Apply gingely oil on the stomach and massage at the naval point.
Constipation Home Remedy
· Take a glass of milk before going to bed.
· Drink lemon juice prepared in warm water during the day
· Add half a teaspoon honey to half cup of water and drink it three times a day.
· Wake up early in the morning and drink plenty of warm water or milk or both. Walk for half an hour.
· Eat bananas (small) and drink lot of water throughout the day.
· Take small onion(sambar venghayam). Saute this onion in villakennai. Add this in hot rice and eat the rice. This is a good home remedy for constipation and Piles also.
Remedy for Diabetes
- Bitter gourd (Pagarkai) is the best medicine for type 2 diabetes. Include it in your diet as a vegetable or take two three ounce of bitter gourd juice every morning
- Amla (or Nellikkai), the richest source of vitamin C is useful in controlling diabetes. Take some
Amla juice with an ounce or two of bitter gourd juice
- Eat some fresh curry leaves early in the morning for two-three months
- Eat 2 guava (raw) (not the ripe fruit) fruits daily to control the diabetes.
Ingredients:panakakandu,water,jadikkai and khus-khus.
Boil panakakandu in a little water and make a syrup. Make a paste of jadikkai and khus-khus and add this to the syrup. Add some ghee and honey to this. This lehiyam helps control body heat.
Add a bit of onion juice to cumin powder to make a paste and apply to boils, bites, bee stings and even scorpion stings to help reduce inflammation and pain.
In the present times, natural cure home remedies are gaining momentum. Many people are heading their way towards adopting home remedy treatment to get rid of several forms of diseases. There is a natural home remedy for almost every ailment. The best part about them is that, they have no side effects and are absolutely inexpensive. Thus, not only are they safe for health, but also turn out to be an economical option.
This trend for resorting to home remedies is not new. In fact, they have their origin in the ancient times. To deal with day-to-day problems, like cough and cold, headache, vomiting, upset stomach etc; there are plenty of effective cure home remedies. Home remedy treatment makes use of things bestowed on us by nature like fruits, vegetables and herbs